An Invitation to join COREWe are excited to announce the opportunity for additional school boards in Alberta to join CORE, the Collaborative Online Resource Environment! We are making available a number of openings for school districts who are motivated to join a group of school boards who are bringing to life an online platform that enables students and educators to harness the value of a learning community through sharing and remixing experiences and learning artifacts, engaging with users by crowdsourcing feedback, and accessing high-quality digital resources from trusted educational sources. CORE’s innovative platform enables you to rapidly grow a strong digital community for learning.
Want to know more about CORE?We have put together a collection of help resources to provide more background and detail about what CORE is, what it has to offer to support teaching and learning in a connected world, and what partners in the CORE Project can expect. Choose to explore the resources that are most appropriate for your needs.
What is CORE?To find our more about what CORE is and how it is used, check out these three items:
- CORE Ed Talk (video)
- This 6 minute video provides a good overview of what CORE is and how it supports teaching and learning
- How I Use CORE (video)
- This 5 minute video, created by a CBE teacher, demonstrates how a teacher might use CORE both in planning and in teaching a lesson
- CORE User FAQs
- Find the answers to commonly asked questions about CORE
Can I try CORE?Absolutely! To try CORE you just visit https://www.albertacore.ca and click the Log in as Guest button. Then download this quick intro activity sheet full of ideas for how to explore the CORE environment. Important Note: Guest access provides access to only 24,000 of our 170,000+ resources and does not include comment, rating, favorites, dashboard customization, or contribution features. Jurisdictional leaders interested in pursuing partnership can request a full service trial account as part of the pre-signing process.
What are the Requirements and Benefits of CORE Partner Membership?To learn more about what is required to become a partner and what the benefits of partnership are, check out these two options:
- CORE - The Value Proposition (PowerPoint with Speaking Notes)
- CORE Membership FAQs
- Find all of this & further information in this CORE bundle of resources
Still want to know more?Join us at one of our two live webinars for potential partners. click on the date that works best for you and register to attend a one hour live information and Q&A session.
Click here to register for either: Monday, April 28 from 2:00 - 3:00 pm or Thursday, May 1 from 9:00 - 10:00 am. Link to join: http://eduadvisory.adobeconnect.com/suebell
Ready to talk about becoming a CORE Project Partner?To take the next step in joining the CORE Project, email the project Sponsor, Brant Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2014.
- Look over the information on this page and in the CORE bundle to see if you are interested in joining CORE.
- If you are interested, please have a district representative email Brant Parker at email@example.com by May 15, 2014.
- You can then:
- begin working through the Readiness Assessment Inventory questions as a district
- join one of the informational webinars to learn more
- arrange for further discussion and/or information through Brant Parker
- Deadlines for Readiness Assessment Inventory and/or other application is May 15, 2014.